Cross Lane Primary School
A school in Elland who are lucky enough to have their very own woodland! We have delivered 2 staff training events with 2 more planned in the spring and summer terms.
Since the begginning of the project the woods at Cross Lane have come alive to the sound of children, and beautiful paths of desire have been made as the children decide where in the woods they want to go.
The project has clear aims which apply right across all of KS1 and KS2. They are:
1. Provide stimulating and inspiring experience on which to base pieces of writing
2. Increase self-awareness and self-confidence
3. Promote a positive attitude towards learning
4. Develop co-operative working skills and an awareness of others
5. Develop a sense of ownership and pride in the local environment
The woodland of Cross Lane school is now an accessible shared outdoor learning space which other schools can make use of in the area. A fantastic outcome.
Visit the school website to find out more.